Monday, May 16, 2011

過去


王菲 - 冷战 (recorded version)

Cantonese Version of Tori Amos' Silent All These Years.
(Stefanie Sun did a cover of it too, in English)



王菲 - 流非飞

(picture 2 year old me dancing to this whenever it's playing)



王菲 - 容易受伤的女人


My mom says we listened to these all the time when we first migrated here, 16 years ago. In that house much emptier than this, paper boxes stacked up, some left unpacked (but not for long). My grandma used to make us nasty herbal soup and it took the whole family to pin me down and force the brown liquid down my throat.

I remember my neighbour asking me once, "so how long have you all lived in Singapore?". I answered "10", and somehow that reply got stuck with me the next few years so I have to count whenever others ask me now.

Suddenly recall being very afraid of the man selling turkish Ice Cream at Clarke Quay because I feared people looking at me so much. (even strangers) Was so terrified of him but just a few months ago I gave him the "you can't trick me" grin.

My favourite places were those barriers my parents' legs formed whenever my radar sensed an adult coming near.

-

Now the word shy is (almost) out of the question.

I sent it out without pausing to think. If anybody realised.

No comments: